Black Run n. (Skiing) skiing an extremely difficult run, suitable for expert skiers
The Advanced 2 worship guitar course builds on material covered in earlier courses.
The Advanced 2 course is designed for those that are committed to playing the guitar and want to push their skills further.
It’s expected that the student would be a reasonably experienced and competent guitarist in a variety of styles, be familiar with the chord families in the 5 basic guitar keys – C, G, D, A and E, and have a reasonably solid rhythm technique.
The course is also about finding your own style as a guitarist. We examine some techniques and see how they can be applied to songs. All techniques are illustrated with musical examples.
- Examining the 5 main guitar keys, illustrated with more complicated songs.
- Cyclical chord patterns – Circles of 5ths and 3rds.
- Building a chord vocabulary – Basic chord types: Major, minor, major 7th, 7th, minor 7th, Augmented, half-diminished, diminished 7th, sus4, sus2, add6, add2.
- More complex chords – chord extensions: 9th and 11ths.
- Playing in various keys without a capo.
- Slash chords.
- More funky and interesting rhythmic patterns – left and right hand funk techniques.
- Transient modulations – songs that temporarily change keys.
- Minor keys – modal and tonal.
- Finger picking patterns and styles. Flat picking and hybrid picking.
23 more complex songs in various styles are added to the repertoire.